So, he woke up this morning to a breakfast of "green eggs and ham".
I got the thumbs up on this one, even though he gave a few weird looks at the beginning. ;)
We had a "lazy day". I tried to get the house a little more put together while the kids watched a movie. I must mention that with a late bedtime the night before, everyone but Reagan slept in until 9:30 AM. (Reagan was up at 5:30, went down for a nap at 7:30. How I wanted to join her, but I thought FOR SURE everyone would be getting up at any second... so I ended up having a good 2 hours to myself. Nice.)
I found a fun activity for the kids in the afternoon. Everyone was to choose a sheet of construction paper, then place on it objects from around the yard. We let them sit out in the sun and "fade" to get some great art pictures at the end.
I think that they want to do this again tomorrow, but now with leaves and rocks. They're talking about doing "cut out" objects with a thicker paper and placing it on. There's been talk of putting a toy firetruck on a piece... we'll see what tomorrow brings. The wind blew off some of our leaves and twigs this afternoon which bummed a couple of the boys out.
Fun activity! I suggest you all try it!
After lunch, (turkey cheese roll ups with pita chips and fruit), the rest of the afternoon was spent lounging around in the hammock. Brendan says it's his favorite part of my house, and I can tell because he ALWAYS is asking to go out there. Glad he found his "spot". :)
Brendan and Taylor were then invited over to a neighbors house for a few hours. They had a great time playing with Nathan. Brian arrived home and since Jordan didn't get to go with the older boys, he and I took off to the store for some one on one time. Totally fun to spend time alone with my little buddy.
Dinner of spaghetti, veggies and garlic bread after we returned from the store... The discussion at dinner consisted of Brendan saying he would really like meatballs with his spaghetti next time, so we'll do that next week. ;) Taylor informed him: "That's weird because my Mom ALWAYS makes this with meatballs! Hey Mom!? What happened???"
Laziness, boy... that's what happened.
What a nice day, eh? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment